Wednesday, May 28, 2008

back in the zone

well after my debaucherous weekend i've got to get back into the zone and back to my training. i had a blast and it was fun to let loose but i need to control my weekend drinking!

tuesday, may 27, 2008

i made up a wod i missed last week. i was going to do the posted wod, but got a flat on the way to the gym and didn't have enough time before my clients. nothing irritates me more then feeling rushed and not getting in a good workout then having to spend the rest of my day training others when all i want to do is workout myself! anyway squeezed in a little core crusher.

Five rounds for time of:

2 pood Kettlebell swings, 25 reps (used 50# db)
25 GHD Sit-ups
25 Back Extensions
25 Knees to Elbows

time: 32:45

pre: wux2
post: nothing, no time

i really am enjoying my new modified cfwu (crossfit warm-up). rather then the normal stuff. i modified it a bit to work on my weaknesses. my warm-up has been consisting of:

10 overhead squats, 45# barbell
10 L-pull-ups
10 dips
10 back extensions
10 handstand push-ups (freestanding)
30 ghd sit-ups
10 push-ups

i do this atleast once through before my workout and sometimes two. if it's a heavy pull-up day i might eliminate them or do kipping pull-ups instead of l-pull-ups, or heavy hspu day i omit them in the warm-up. i really need to start adding thrusters or wall balls into the mix.

diet:

diet was great, stayed in the zone all day, i ate 1 extra block (12) instead of (11) because i was starving before i went to bed.

breakfast: 7:30am (2 blocks)
1/3 cup oats
1/2 cup raspberries
1/3 cup strawberry
1/2 teaspoon almond butter
1 oz protein powder
1/4 cup cottage cheese

coffee with 1tbs 1/2 and 1/2

snack: 10:30am (2 blocks)
1 apple
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 tsp almond butter

lunch: 12:30pm (2 blocks)
3 cups green beans
3 oz deli turkey
1 tsp almond butter

workout: 4pm

dinner: 5pm (2 blocks)
5 cups lettuce
3oz deli turkey
1/2 cup corn + diced tomato
3 tbs salad dressing
1 tsp almond butter

snack: 9:30pm (1 block)
3 cups steamed broccoli
1 splash salad dressing
1 1/2oz deli chicken
1/2 tsp almond butter

snack: 10:30pm (2 block)
1/2 zone bar
1 tsp almond butter
1 cup 1% milk

snack: 11:15 (1 block)
1/2 zone bar

been super hungry all day

2 comments:

rizzo said...

nadia! so now i am totally gonna check your blog and comment all the time because i think it's so fun to get comments. but don't worry i won't make them super pointless.

dammnn i miss CF already! love the oly lifting, except when i nearly kill myself, but I do miss the feeling after finishing a workout like cindy (that was your FIRST CF workout? ouch...) or jason (reallly want to try that one sometime).

but I am going to disobey allison and sam and do CF tomorrow, if my neck doesn't hurt too much. just can't keep me away :) plus i have to prepare for the weekend of bad food that is ahead of me ...

nawd said...

hey rach! thanks for stopping bye! ya i got super excited when i got a comment! :-) I don't care if they are super pointless. ha.

your accident sounds super scary, i'm so glad you are ok. good thing we learned how to bail safely. i hope you are feeling better today. be careful when you do jason, i did him on monday and my legs are still distroyed.

i'm gonna check your blog and see what crossfit you've been up to! i know it is so addicting. i'd feel weird not doing it!

happy blogging!