Thursday, October 2, 2008

running up that hill




it's amazing how powerful music is, you know when you hear a song and it takes you back to a specific moment, reminding you of a feeling and all emotions come rushing back? i love that... no matter how painful the memory may be— it just makes me feel alive.


i also love when i 're-find' a song. i did that today with placebo's cover of the kate bush song 'running up that hill'. i can't think of a more perfect song for how i am feeling. the lyrics are intriguing and heart wrenching, the music chillingly beautiful, the song is perfect for a painful farewell. kudos to placebo for doing such a great cover.


kate bush's explanation of the song is great: 'I was trying to say that, really, a man and a woman, can't understand each other because we are a man and a woman. And if we could actually swap each other's roles, if we could actually be in each others place for a while, I think we'd both be very surprised! [Laughs] And I think it would be lead to a greater understanding. And really the only way I could think it could be done was either... you know, I thought a deal with the devil, you know. And I thought, 'well, no, why not a deal with God!' You know, because in a way it's so much more powerful the whole idea of asking God to make a deal with you.'





wednesday, october 1, 2008
this was an extremely difficult day for me for many reasons, and i thought i was dealing with it well until the evening came along. i'm glad i had my workout to take my mind off things for a little bit.
nate

as many rounds in 20 minutes of:


2 muscle ups (sub 6 pull-ups/6 dips)
4 handstand push-ups
8 2 pood kettlebell swings (55#db girl rx'd weight)
10 rounds plus 6pull-ups/6 dips


pre: wux2
post: 3x10 kte and windshield wipers

food: good
i'm so blah. can't wait to workout today, c+j's are gonna make me feel better.

No comments: