Wednesday, September 24, 2008

virtual shoveling...ain't nothing 'virtual' about it


it's funny how currently everything in my life feels stagnant. i don't enjoy my job (the event job), i'm sick of dating, the fall weather somewhat depresses me and the only thing i really look forward to now is training. i'm so glad i have that in my life. it's the one time in the day when i actually forget about everything, my lame job, annoying event clients, stupid asshole men, and just pretty much everything that pisses me off. i am at peace when i do crossfit, and i'm so happy when i am in the gym ( if only one idiot could disappear, but that's besides the point). if i could workout all day, i'd always been in a great mood and feeling like i can accomplish anything. sigh. i guess i'll figure it out someday. until then i'll virtually shovel myself out of this hole i am in.

september 23, 2008

For time 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, and 5 rep rounds of:

virtual shoveling [wmv] [mov]
Push-ups

With an Olympic bar holding only one plate (men use 45 pound plate, women use 25 pound plate), touch the plate on one side of the barrier then the other for one "rep." Barrier is 24."

time: 14:13

25#plate

pre: wux1
post: wux1 + med ball clean practice

comments: wow that wod was fun, i enjoyed the 'virtual shoveling' it was tough, but interesting. fried my grip and shoulders. i have a funny story too, the night before when i was done training my clients i'm watching the virtual shoveling video in the trainer office. one of my fellow trainers (bodybuilder style for 20+years, one of the nicest guys ever) came over and 1/2 jokingly says, wow crossfit stole my exercise. ha. he does some sort of 'virtual shoveling' with his clients but a bit different. anyway, i see him today doing chest press on the nautilus machine and ask him to try this wod with me. he agrees, does it with 45# plate and quits after the 25 rep round saying his heart was beating really fast. :-) when we are done he comments, 'girl you have some endurance'. love it, gonna convert another one. sometimes as annoying as it can be i love working in a regular gym.

food: food has been normal, just super hungry, ate an extra zone bar in the middle of the night. still waking up starving around 3am every night this week. blah.


i'm gonna try to add a picture from the calgary cert of tabata squats. my new homie patrick at again faster was kind enough to send me some of the pictures he took over the weekend.



No comments: